Thursday, April 18, 2013

Diary of a would be Bride






Dear Mr. Right,

I am seriously wondering whether I should really write this to you or discuss in person when I meet you. But I am actually timid if I miss out anything or will be panicky when I meet you.  I do not wish that to happen. I am a simple Indian girl with ideals and principles in life. Not a nerd, but with above average IQ level I was able to complete my masters in Business Administration. I am 25 now and my parents are insisting robustly on me that I should get married soon. After their many ordeals I finally harmonized the situation with simple “yes”. As I See the rigour, I sense that you can be found by my family shortly. You are the one whom I have been thinking about and posing questions in my dreams since teens.

To begin with, even though my physical and physiological aspects are already known to you I want you to know my psychology as well. I am 5 foot and 3 inch which is very ordinary (Average height of Indian Girl), I don’t have perfect figure and curves that a guy looks for. My complexion is neither fair nor I have a milky skin. My height and weight doesn't maintain that perfect proportion. I am little Plump and have a fat deposits on my tummy. However, my black silky wavy beautiful hair minimizes the other loopholes. I must say my eyes will remind you of a portrait of any renowned artist. There is something called inner beauty which I have in plenty : P.

Do you know about my hobbies? Will you ever appreciate my paintings and aesthetic sense? Did I tell you that I am trained singer and partial towards to Indian classical music? Do not assume that I am not a fan of Bryan Adams and Michael Jackson. Lately, I am in love with photography and wish to learn some techniques. Apart from my reading skills, I also love to write (though not professional).

My creative skills dominate my analytical skills. I am jack of many arts but master of none. There are more prospects for me in arts than selling insurance policies. I have firmly decided to start my own business in near future. Don’t worry!  I am not asking for the funding. I have saved some money every month left after clearing my EMI and expenses. I will be using that if I don’t spend it on saris and accessories for our wedding. I just need a moral support from you. Are you ready for it?

I do not want to miss out on this. I wish to adopt a girl child. This is one pledge which I have made to myself a decade ago. I want our kids to be brought up with ideals and goals in life. I want them to be courageous, outgoing and let us leave them their choice of career. I yearn for their victory be it doctor, singer, athlete, or a soldier. I want to give best education possible with strong basics. We will go on a holiday every year with our family. Thus, my thirst for adventures and travelling is gratified along with a break from routine life. Do you think I am thinking too far and I echo like an auntie? But, better planning  is never awful.

I respect your family and friends. Am I wrong the expecting the same from you? Will you restrict me from visiting my parents or helping them? I promise to become a perfect wife and responsible daughter in law which you wish for. I can certainly cook delicious food be it Indian or Italian. I am capable of managing household work and office efficiently. But do you know how to cook and dust when I am not well? (Oops  ...I forgot to tell you that I am a cleanliness freak). Will  you take care of children when I get late at office?

I am very sensitive at times and you have bear with my insane talks. Apparently, my moods are very erratic .If I haven’t told you yet, please read my write up “Mood Swings”. When I am furious, don’t show your ego and walk away. It adds catalyst to the burning flame. Just make me calm down, crack some jokes, and persuade me. If it doesn't work out hug me and say how much you love me.  It will elevate the respect I carry for you and compel me to love you more. I know I am sounding childish by saying this but this is best way which can bring us to peace. When I am low or afraid, don’t leave me alone. Sit beside me, hold my hand, and wipe my tears. Let me lean on your shoulder. Say everything is fine and you are going to take care. Even if you don’t, it gives me enough strength to face the challenge. Take me to long drives, night walks and buy flowers and ice creams. (Chocolates would have be more apt instead of ice creams, but my love for ice creams doesn't allow anything else to occupy the top position :) )

Will you be okay if I go out on a trip with my friends? Friends undeniably add more colours to our lives. Just like you, I too have friends from college and work place. Parties and trips are planned once in a while to take a break. Just like you even I too want to spend some time with them. I don’t mind you going out for parties and discos. Neither your occasionally drinking nor smoking  bothers me. Occasionally huh! I repeat again : P. To articulate, I want both of us to give space to each other.

Finally last but not the least, are you the kind of those educated tribes who demand dowry from the bride and her family?. Are you expecting an expensive gift or a property to be given to you in addition to the beautiful bride?. Let me tell you something, I come from a middle class family. I have a younger brother who has just begun his career. My father is going to be retired soon and we do not own any ancestral assets. I don’t want them to feel my marriage as a burden. Above all I am anti against dowry. It will make look you and your family trivial to me. If you know the value of hard work and money you will never expect such things.

I am really skeptical whether Mr. Right ever exists or not. But, I wish you to be more analytical unlike me, fond of gadgets and technology, affable, sanguine and charismatic (“Opposite poles attract” you see). Show me your care and love. I have planned many surprises for you in the long journey which we will be sailing. I will take you to many places, tell you wonderful stories and pray for your health and wealth. A candle light dinner decorated with tropical flowers, red curtains and aromatic candles with a bottle of wine and chicken Pahadi kebab is already planned. I am zealously waiting for you to come and embrace me forever and ever.


With Love
xxxxx


4 comments: